Attorney Leonard Schneider, Esq.
Office: (713) 432-7474
Facsimile: (713) 456-2079
Practice Concentration and Experience:
Mr. Schneider’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. He has also been selected to serve as City Attorney for a number of cities and municipalities. In this capacity, he has performed a wide range of legal services, ranging from contract drafting and administration to affirmative civil litigation on behalf of his municipal clients. Mr. Schneider has extensive experience ensuring that applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are met by municipalities. Since joining Liles Parker, Mr. Schneider has expanded his practice to also include a wide variety of health law matters and cases.
Mr. Schneider also served as the Assistant District Attorney for Galveston County in Texas. In this role, he prosecuted both felony and misdemeanor criminal cases and honed his litigation skills with significant time before a judge and jury. While he seldom prosecutes criminal cases in his current role, his experience in this field has afforded him a strong skill set in working with criminal law. Mr. Schneider is also responsible for litigation brought by or against the cities he represents, often managing teams of attorneys brought in specifically for each case. In this way, he keeps his litigation skills fresh. His criminal and civil litigation trial experience allows him to give practical and timely advice to clients in civil matters, including business litigation, contracts, breach of contracts, collections, elections, and economic development.
In addition to practicing law, he has authored and presented papers on corporate law issues, landlord/tenant arrangements, evictions, economic development, and city council meetings. He also currently instructs business students on ethics and business law as an adjunct professor at two universities.
Recent Matters Handled Include:
- Successfully pursued commercial litigation on behalf of a well-known Texas city, resulting in both a significant recovery for the city and an award of attorney?s fees.
Successfully defended city in inverse condemnation case brought by private property owner.
- Negotiated and guided client in sale of natural gas system.
- Obtained summary judgment against Plaintiff for corporation on breach of contract case regarding letter of intent to purchase real property.
- Assisted clients in employment matters including managing outside attorneys to defend wrongful termination claims.
- Assisted corporations in collections of outstanding receivables.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas (J.D., 1990)
- Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas (M.B.A. 1985, B.A. in Journalism, 1982)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Municipal League Texas City Attorneys Association
- Member, East Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, East Montgomery County Rotary
- Member, Delta Theta Phi Fraternity
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2003
- Admitted to practice in Texas